27 of Sylvester Stallone’s Most Inspirational Quotes to Help You Through the Day
Sylvester Stallone is famously known as one of the biggest action stars in the world with the roles of Rocky Balboa and John Rambo.
When he was born, his delivery was difficult and complications led to his facial muscles being partially paralyzed for life. During his turbulent teenage years, he was expelled from several high schools, but at his special secondary school for problem boys, he found much success in sports and drama.
His interests in drama led to his wanting to become an actor, but he struggled to find work for years until he was inspired to write a story about a character named Rocky Balboa. Instead of selling the script to movie studios, he insisted on playing the title part, and that’s when his career truly began.
Below are 27 of Sylvester Stallone’s most inspirational quotes to help you through the day:
1. “I am not the richest, smartest or most talented person in the world, but I succeed because I keep going and going and going.” – Sylvester Stallone
2. “There’s a natural law of karma that vindictive people, who go out of their way to hurt others, will end up broke and alone.” –Sylvester Stallone
3. “I’m always looking for a new challenge. There are a lot of mountains to climb out there. When I run out of mountains, I’ll build a new one.” – Sylvester Stallone
4. “When you’re scared, when you’re hanging on, when life is hurting you, then you’re going to see what you’re really made of.” – Sylvester Stallone
5. “Life is more than sunglasses and hit movies. Reality – that’s the main event.” – Sylvester Stallone
6. “I believe any success in life is made by going into an area with a blind, furious optimism.” – Sylvester Stallone
7. “I believe there’s an inner power that makes winners or losers. And the winners are the ones who really listen to the truth of their hearts.” – Sylvester Stallone
8. “Every time I’ve failed, people had me out for the count, but I always come back.” – Sylvester Stallone
9. “A lot of guys have muscles. A lot of strong men in this world. I think it’s important to show that even under all this strength there’s a fragile side, a side that can be affected.” – Sylvester Stallone
10. “We’re all expendable. We think the world’s going to stop when a pope dies, or a king. And then… life goes on.” – Sylvester Stallone
11. “I think everyone has a certain kind of formula in their life. When you deviate from that formula, you’re going to fail big or you’re gonna win big.” – Sylvester Stallone
12. “When life hits you pretty hard, you can go into a dark corner.” – Sylvester Stallone
13. “I have tons of regrets, but I think that’s one of the reasons that push people to create things. Out of their angst, their regret, comes the best from artists, painters and writers.” – Sylvester Stallone
14. “I have a lack of fear, whereas in the past the fear of failure was a powerful motivator. Anyway, I have great expectations for the future, but I just don’t know if I’m the monarch of all I survey.” – Sylvester Stallone
15. “I’ve kind of fashioned my life after a Slinky. Bend me in a million shapes, and eventually I’ll spring back to what I originally was.” – Sylvester Stallone
16. “In the movies, I kill guys with an axe. In real life, I can’t control a nine-year-old girl.” – Sylvester Stallone
17. “I’m more focused and have a greater sense of challenge, because I constantly feel the weight of time.” – Sylvester Stallone
18. “You have to be really loyal to the people that supported you when you were coming up.” – Sylvester Stallone
19. “Once in one’s life, for one mortal moment, one must make a grab for immortality; if not, one has not lived.” – Sylvester Stallone
20. “That’s what Rocky is all about: pride, reputation, and not being another bum in the neighborhood.” – Sylvester Stallone
21. “Success is usually the culmination of controlling failure.” – Sylvester Stallone
22. “When I was in junior high school, the teachers voted me the student most likely to end up in the electric chair.” – Sylvester Stallone
23. “I’m not a genetically superior person. I built my body.” – Sylvester Stallone
24. “For every guy, there is an opportunity to be a lot better than he thought he could be. We can’t all be the star of the team, but we can be a star in our life. That’s where you set your goal.” – Sylvester Stallone
25. “When boxers are in the ring, they’re simple. It’s when the fight is over, that’s when the other fight, the real fight, begins. That’s the problem.” – Sylvester Stallone
26. “I believe an artist dies twice. The first time, it’s just terrible – I’ve been there when the phone isn’t ringing for years.” – Sylvester Stallone
27. “If you look at people that have survived crashing in the mountains and lived up in the snow for 40 days – it’s possible to do extraordinary feats.” – Sylvester Stallone
Which one of Sylvester Stallone’s quotes resonated with you most?